ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced Laboratory Assistant to provide technical laboratory assistance to our teaching staff within the Science Department, to ensure the efficient and productive delivery of curriculum.
This temporary appointment will commence on Tuesday, 28 April and conclude on Friday, 26 June 2020.
- Assisting in the preparation and set up of scientific equipment and chemicals
- Preparation, cleaning, storage and replenishing of equipment, chemicals, solutions and other materials required for practical lessons
- Assisting in the safe and correct storage, handling and disposal of chemicals, dangerous goods and hazardous chemicals
- Assisting in the maintenance and continuous improvement of the School's WHS management structure as it applies to the Laboratories
- Working collaboratively with other Laboratory Technicians, teachers and the broader Science Department
The School values respect and integrity; responsibility and honesty; compassion and humility; and excellence. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned with these values.
To be successful for this role, you will need to have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Experience working within a Laboratory (preferably more than 3 years in an educational setting)
- Knowledge of scientific workplace practices and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative based on limited instruction
- Ability to assemble laboratory apparatus and equipment and handle chemicals used in science programs in a safe manner
- Able to assist academic staff with practical lessons
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
The King’s School, Australia's oldest independent school, is a Christian community that seeks to make an outstanding impact for the good of society. The staff at King's are supportive and enthusiastic professionals, who respect the Christian ethos of the School and contribute in a way that balances the needs of the School and the staff's unique talents and interests.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information about this position, please refer to the position description. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and covering letter.
Applications close 4:00pm Monday, 24 February 2020.