The King’s School, Australia's oldest independent school, is a Christian community that seeks to make an outstanding impact for the good of society through its students, and by the quality of its teaching and leadership in education.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fantastic opportunity to oversee the academic and pastoral well-being for the student boarders. This position is a Boarding Housemaster / Teacher and therefore the successful applicant will have a teaching load of 0.6.
This role will report to the Director of Students & Community and will work closely with the other Boarding Housemasters, supervising Boarding Assistants, Matrons, Patrons and Tutors.
In consultation with the Director Students & Community and the Head of Boarding, the Boarding Housemaster is primarily responsible for the safety, welfare, behaviour, personal development, pastoral care and day to day management of up to 75 boys.
As a Boarding Housemaster you will foster a healthy, positive culture within the house including a focus on high academic standards and the development of positive behaviours, peer support and student leadership that supports the Christian values and ethos of the School.
The Boarding Housemaster is a residential position, and whilst there will be rostered duties, there are other times that the Housemaster may need to be present and on duty which may include overnight, early mornings and during weekends.
The School values respect and integrity; responsibility and honesty; compassion and humility; and excellence. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values.
To be successful for this role you will have;
- Strong ability to develop and foster relationships with the students
- Understanding of student wellbeing and pastoral care needs
- Ability to maintain a safe and presentable House
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Qualified to teach (year 7 - 12)
CONDITIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- As the position is a teaching role (0.6), salary will be commensurate with teaching qualifications and experience, with an additional allowance for the Boarding Housemaster responsibility which will make the position a full time position.
- On site residential accommodation is provided to the successful applicant and family.
- The Housemaster and family are entitled but not obliged to attend all meals in the dining room during term time.
- A phone is provided for the exclusive use of the Housemaster.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your comprehensive CV and one-page cover letter, including the names of three referees.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Mr Joshua Hoogland, Director of Students & Community via email: JOH@kings.edu.au
Applications close: Friday, 15 March 2019